Get Your Autumn Glow!
Posted on October 08 2018
"I can smell Autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin and crisp sunburnt leaves"
Hello everyone! I hope you're well and you're keeping nice and toasty in this slightly chillier weather! At TreatBox HQ we have most definitely got the winter warmers on, it's never too early for chunky knits and pom-Pom socks, right!?!
We absolutely adored the summer and it seemed to last forever which is why we are welcoming with open arms this beautiful, colourful season! We love a bit of pumpkin-carving by the fire and baby when it's cold outside, what else is a girl going to do!
As the mercury falls and the layers go on, it's even more important to take really good care of ourselves. Lots of water, hot drinks, nourishing food and a few treats to get us through is the tried and tested winning combo!
So sit back, take a load off and we'll guide you through our ultimate Autumn survival guide (courtesy of some divine and delicious TreatBox goodies to help you to relax, unwind and restore!)
Autumn is all about gathering, storing and preparing for winter.
It's perfectly okay to take some time to recharge and energise with cozy nights in, sunny (but chilly) walks and a good dose of pampering!
If you love a pedi but want to relax in the comfort of your own home (in your pjs - this is absolutely essential ;)), then our latest beauty addition is just the thing to create happy, soft feet (and hands). We love a mask whether it be for the face or hands and feet!
All of these can be added to your Build Your Own TreatBox which you can create here. We have many more delicious treats to choose from and out range is always evolving so keep checking in to see what's new.
Other things you can do to make sure that you shimmy through autumn all sparkly and spangly are:
- Keep active. Although the temptation is there to completely hibernate (and a warm nights in are totally necessary), it's also important to get our faces in the sunshine! The golden light of Autumn is so beautiful and it's really good for our mental health as well as our physical health to stretch out legs, breath fresh air and let the sun work its magic.
- You can also take a vitamin D supplement to give you a boost. With the shorter days getting closer, it's good to top-up what's missing and taking a supplement can most definitely lift your mood.
- Start something new; whether it's an art project, a hobby, a yoga class, something to focus your mind and energy (that's not the tv) can be really beneficial.
- Switch off your phone. Putting your phone down at a certain time each evening and dedicating that time to something creative can have a tremendously positive effect on wellbeing.
- Wrap up warm! Yep. This might sound totally obvious but getting wrapped-up (hats, scarves, gloves, the works!), is the way to go!
I hope you've liked our lowdown guide for Autumn! We can't wait for Halloween, hot chocolates and the feeling of crunchy leaves under our feet!
Let us surprise you with a monthly box!!!
Lots of love,